Premium Private Proxy Management Guide
The Premium RS SOCKS Proxies are:
The differences between our Premium RS SOCKS Proxies and our Premium Private Proxies are listed below.
The Premium Private Proxies currently sold:
- Specifically for RS customers
- Slightly lower RAM (since RS is not very intensive)
- More bandwidth (although customers never use all of it)
- SOCKS5 only
- Not at any specific location
However there are some differences between the two type of proxies in terms of management.
- Will soon also be an HTTP option for using in web browsers and other applications
- Will also most likely have a "VPN" option added sometime soon
- Have an IP change per month; you don't have to be blacklisted on RS to qualify for the change
- Have larger packs offered, can mix and match
- Are hosted on several servers with several subnets, random order: better for multiple purchases
- Multiple locations you can select, again, it's aimed for use by more than just RS customers
- KVM virtualization, higher CPU, a little bit smoother
- Larger packages only come with one IP change per month, to keep cost down (although you can just buy one by one)
Changing the Password
- With OpenVZ it was as simple as pressing the button and there is a button for KVM(don't worry), however some people like to have their own custom password.
- What you will need to do is login to SolusVM and select your proxy, then hit the change root password button.
- Then you can use PuTTY. Once downloaded, enter your server's IP, click 'Open' and enter root as your username, then enter the generated password when asked
- Or you can use the VNC button on SolusVM, that will open a Java applet with an SSH session where the below can be typed into after logging in.
- Once logged in to your proxy, you can simply run the command passwd
- You will be prompted for a new password
- Once you finish up the process, your password will be changed to the one you last entered.
We've hope that's helped - We may add more commonly asked questions as soon as we get a feel for what kinds of questions you want answered.
Thanks for using Virmach!
Was this answer helpful?
A common question we get asked is how to change the resolution of VNC, this is fairly simple, but...
For most of our VPS plans, we pre-configure VNC with the service.We use the TightVNC Java viewer,...
It is very simple to install Java 8 on our VNC plans. First, you'll need to connect via SSH, your...
Currently, no popular browsers support Socks proxies with authentication. If you wish, you can...